“It was one of those march days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light and winter in the shade.” Charles Dickens
images from Fragrantica
Snow is in the forecast for tomorrow for us here in the Northwest but that doesn’t keep me from looking at the calendar and realizing that Spring is just around the corner. There are but only a few months this time of year that call for the softer side of fragrances before you pull out your big guns of summer. Follow me into this garden of beauties that can’t wait to be uncapped and taken out for a walk with you!
- Nina Ricci L’air du Temps (a retro light floral fragrance just itching for a comeback)
- Chanel No 19 Poudre (Chanel of course, the softer and greener side of No 19)
- D&G Light Blue (a springtime staple of cedar and citrus)
- Marc Jacobs Blush (this one doesn’t get near enough press, light jasmine)
- Annik Goutal Petite Cherie (wonderfully light and expressive, clean and fresh)
- Chanel Chance eau Tendre (Chanel again, of course! Florals and citrusy light)
- Jennifer Aniston (originally named Lolavie but after being deemed too close to Marc Jacobs’ Lola it was renamed simply Jennifer Aniston, light musk, citrus and coconut)
beautiful painting by Peter VanDyck
image found at one of my favs!
left and right images from this great site!